Friday, July 07, 2006

TGIF

Today I'm just so very glad its Friday.

I'm REALLY tired and know that I could solve that with a good night's sleep, but I can't stop knitting long enough to make myself go to bed. I'm truly addicted...or is it obsessed? or both? I'm so glad No-Doz is on the market...I'd be asleep at my desk if I didn't have some.

I also splurged on lunch today and actually ate out (I usually just keep a loaf of bread and package of lunch meat here in our offices and make sandwiches), ordering my all-time favorite food - pizza. I brought it back to the office, ate two pieces, offered some to a coworker and when I went back to the kitchen to return a piece I hadn't eaten to the box, I found that someone had helped themselves to almost half the pizza. People, I work in a MINISTRY. I am NOT happy about that. J (the woman I work with) and I have been discussing what I should do, if anything. Leave a note on the counter that says "hey, if you took my pizza, you owe me $7". Send an email out to the admin assts and ask them to let everyone in their department know we have a food thief on the third floor? Have another coworker who was just diagnosed with strep throat breathe on some cookies that we could leave in the same spot?

OK so the last one wasn't very nice, but I'm a little angry that someone just decided to help themselves. The worst part is that this isn't the first time...another lady here had her lunch taken from the fridge. She handled it by sending an email that asked the perp to please return it to the fridge, no questions asked. I don't know if it was returned or not. I'm seriously considering letting our HR department know...I hope its not a ministry wide thing, but if it is (we have more than one fridge), it needs to be addressed.

I've started yet another project - Knitty's Cozy shawl. I've also frogged it twice, and I'd only knitted the first row. I'm trying to adapt the pattern and add a k3 edge to it so it will lie flat, but when I got to the end of the row, I had two extra stitches. So now I've just cast on, and hopefully sometime this weekend I'll get to do more than one row. It looks like a beautiful shawl and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm fairly certain I'll be giving it as an early birthday present to the woman I work with...she's forever cold in our offices, whereas I'm forever hot. Doesn't it always work that way?

This weekend I plan to do nothing but straighten up things and knit with a timer. I have got to finish the dishcloths I have on the needles as a housewarming gift - the woman has been in her new house for two weeks now! I also hope to finish the dishcloths I'm knitting for me, so I can knit Clapotis and Cozy with a clear conscience. :-) I hate having all these unfinished objects around, so I think I'm going to knit on one thing for an hour at a time and watch Gilmore Girls all weekend. DH just called to say he's going to have to work most of the weekend so apparently my plan was predestined. :-)

No comments: