Thursday, August 03, 2006

So much yarn, so little $$$$

I've been browsing all the yarn sales online, and drooling over at Knit Picks' site, and I've decided I want to open a yarn store. Think about it...all the yarn you could ever want, when you want it...no waiting for it, lots of time to knit...sounds like my dream job! Only problem is that I have no money (hence the frustration) and hardly any experience knitting, but hey, that shouldn't stop me, should it? Where there's a will, there's a way, right?

I've cast on for the Cozy shawl, and frogged it three times so far. I've also cast on for the Knit Picks' Candle Flame shawl, which has been my first experience knitting with lace weight yarn. VERY different. Still trying to finish the dishcloths I started as a housewarming gift, and I think I'll finally be done with those this week. I did actually finish a project this week - an Absorba from the MDK book for DH's bathroom. He loves it, but I'm not happy with it. I know I've done something wrong with picking up stitches or just not knowing what I'm doing because the logs of the log cabin aren't all in the right direction. So I've cast on for another one in a different color for my own bathroom, and hopefully I'll get it right this time. I really like the pattern, and its cheap yarn, so I'd like to make more of these rugs for our home.

This weekend I'll also cast on for another Clapotis, though I don't know what I'll do with it once I'm done...I just really like the pattern and its a fun knit! This one will be in Knit Picks Memories yarn, in the Rocky Mountain Dusk colorway. I just found out, however, that I'm going to be one skein short, so KP order is now necessary...besides, I'm also one skein short for the Candle Flame shawl, and who knows what will happen if I wait to order more...I may not get the same dye lot...I can come up with all kinds of reasons to order more yarn, can't I?

But isn't that part of what being a knitter is all about? :-)

No comments: